Please read these few simple steps before lighting your candle for the first time to ensure you get the most out of your candle in the safest possible way.
• Never leave a burning candle unattended. Always extinguish candles before leaving a room or going to sleep.
• Burn your candles on a draft free flat surface away from children, pets and flammable material.
• Never move a burning candle. Always extinguish candle, allow wax to solidify and jar to cool before handling.
• Do not burn your candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time, as this can cause the container to get too hot and possibly crack or smash. This will also help to maximise the life of your candle.
• To extinguish the candle use a snuffer. Do not use lid or water to extinguish the candle.
• Each time you light your candle ensure that you burn it long enough so that the pool of wax has extended to the edges of the container. This will prevent tunnelling in the centre and will help you maximise the life and fragrance of your candle.
• Trim the wick to approximately 5 mm before lighting each time. Trimming the wick each time will help your candle to burn evenly and longer, helping to eliminate smoking and minimising soot forming on the container.
• Stop burning your candle when approximately 2cm of wax remain in the jar to avoid the glass potentially over hearing and cracking.